Monday 4 August 2008




We have had quite a busy time over the past week: visits to the Cairngorm Mountain centre and on the funicular railway, the Highland Aviation Museum (see the picture on the right), and the Culloden Visitors centre. Also a little family get-together with a barbecue yesterday, where I got to have a cuddle with my cousin's 14 week old baby boy. No, I'm not feeling broody at all - honest! (Not that there's much I could do about it if I was!!)

So, one lot of visitors go home tomorrow (my brother and his family), and another lot arrive! I have to admit - I have struggled a little bit this past week. I love my brother and his partner, and my nephews of course, but we are on such different wavelengths about most things. I feel a bit sad that there's not more of a connection between us, but I suppose life would be very boring if we all thought the same way.

Anyway, our new visitors are an old family friend I haven't seen since we were children, and her two daughters aged 10 and 12. A is very excited about sharing her room with two new friends, and I can't wait to catch up with their Mum - should be very interesting!

2 comments:

stefndawniy said...

wow that looks good fun :)

K said...

The kids certainly enjoyed themselves - plenty of cockpits to climb in and controls to play with!