Tuesday 29 July 2008

I love summer!!

Even though the weather hasn't been as good as it was last week, we were at the beach today with my brother and his family who arrived yesterday. We sat in the rain with towels over our heads for a while (the adults that is - the kids were oblivious to the weather and having lots of fun), and at one point we thought we heard thunder and were preparing to make a run for it, but it was worth it. The rain stopped and the sun eventually broke through, and I went swimming with A in the sea - fantastic!!

The flat is very quiet just now, as A insists on staying at Granny's while her cousins are there. They have such a lovely relationship, they only see each other twice a year usually, but when they are together they become completely emersed in their own little world.

It is just occuring to me that I have a very busy few weeks ahead of me, the day my brother leaves, some more visitors arrive to stay with me until the 16th, and I have an essay (which I haven't even started) for my OU course due on the 15th, not sure how thats going to work!?! A also has a few activities booked and a couple of overnight stays with her grandparents promised during that time, so its going to be a bit manic, but I'm sure it will all work out. Maybe I should be more concerned, but I just cant get stressed at the moment - its summer!!

No comments: